Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Sewing a Garden Tool Holster. 2.2.22

 Happy 2/2/22!  But it's not Tuesday!

Today I made a holster for garden tools.  The fabric came from the scrap bag.  It was formerly the top part of some trousers.  Normally I throw that away, but saved for this little project.  I ripped out the seams (how unseemly!), removed the belt loops, opened it up, cut the pieces, ironed flat, sewed back together.   I sewed on the button before sewing the strap to the holster.


Then I sewed the holster to a pair of garden pants, so it won't get lost.  

This holster is good because now I won't poke hokes in pockets, lose the pruners or scissors - which I do a lot - and it doesn't require a belt.




If I like this, I can make a couple more for other garden pants.  


No comments:

Post a Comment