Saturday, February 12, 2022

Planting Snow Pea and Carrot Seeds. 2.12.22

 It's in the high 60s again today.  In early Feb.  Nice, but if the fruit trees bloom and then a hard frost, that could kill them.  Or at least kill the crop.  Well, nothing I can do about that.

Today I planted Oregon Sugar Pod II Snow Peas in the newest raised bed.  Again, as soil conditioner cover crop, possible early snow pea crop, and to build up soil nitrogen.  Also, I inoculated these with Rhizobium, like I did with the snap peas.  Supposedly Oregon Sugar Pod II grows only 30 inches tall and does not need a trellis.

Not much to look at yet.

I also planted a row of carrots.


I started clearing an area where I can plant the rest of the pea seeds and let them mature, to save seeds.  There is still plenty of time to plant those, it's only Feb 12 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment