Monday, January 24, 2022

Onion and Shallot Seedling Update. 1.24.22

 The onions and shallots are doing pretty well.   About the same as previous years.

Unknown Shallot, seeds from a planted grocery store shallot.

Ambition hybrid Shallot.
Red Whethersfield heirloom onion. I might plant more of these seeds. They are a long-storage onion.  Edit:  Why think about it?  I went ahead and planted a 2nd container.   That way I wont say, later, "I wish I had planted more".  :-)
Yellow Spanish Sweet Onion, also heirloom variety. Some more seeds germinated. I think they are just old seeds and it's harder for them to wake up. Like me. :-)
Camelot Shallot. These were also old seeds. This is more than enough shallots, but they should keep many months in a cool dry place, so we'll eat all we grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment