Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Dividing and Replanting Rhubarb Divisions. 3.17.2021

 There is a big rhubarb plant a the front of the house.  For all I know, it's 20 or 30 years old.  I think it would be happier if I divide it and fill in that area with new soil, so it isn't so crowded.  Plus, it's not necessarily the best location for a rhubarb plant.  I wanted the divisions in a new location, so they will be harvestible in a year or two.  This is the reddest, sweetest rhubarb I have had, and I don't know the name.


When I dug what I thought was one division, it fell apart into two.  So I planted them separately.  They seem to have pretty good roots.  I planted them in one of the apple mini orchards, where I think they will get enough light.  If they are in the way or don't thrive, I can move them this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment