Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Prep for Tomato and Kitchen Garden. 4.23.19

Tomato and Kitchen Garden.  4.24.19
Yesterday, I installed fencing for the new tomato and kitchen garden.  It will open on the ends and sides, I just need to buy some latch hooks and install them, and some minor adjustments.  In the near end of the photo, there will be sauce tomatoes and slicing tomatoes, and at the far end, beans and other deer - attracting plants.  In the rotation, last year most of this was sweet corn.  At the far end were some potatoes that had overwintered.  The year before, this was squashes.

I'm not as able as I once was.  I didn't intend for as much grass to grow in this area after the corn was done, but it did.  Over the past month, I've turned it over.  I think it should be settled and clean enough, with a little more cultivating,  for tomatoes when I set them out in mid May.

No comments:

Post a Comment