Monday, April 15, 2019

Nepenthes Update. 4.15.19

Nepenthes sanguinea.  4.15.19

Nepenthes x St. Mercury.  4.15.19
The larger of these tropical carnivorous plants, Nepenthes pitcher plants, are making nice pitchers.   They appear to be on the verge of opening.

This is my first try with these, so I don't know how long they will take to open.  Fun to watch them every day.

I've been watering them with rain water, supplemented with very diluted regular miracle grow.  The instructions state that for regular watering of house plants, use small scoop (I think the small scoop is 1/4 teaspoon) per quart of water.  I'm using 1/2 of small scoop.  I let the water drain through.  This seems like an almost homeopathic dose, but over the long run seems to be supporting excellent growth, and I don't have to remember the last time that I fertilized them.

No comments:

Post a Comment