Saturday, November 13, 2021

Winter Cover Crop. 11.13.2021

I have not tried this mix before. I've grown buckwheat as a cover crop. Deer love it. This seed covered 1/2 of the area where I want to plant sweet corn next year, and where I grew squashes this year. I don't know if this is too late, or how they will do, or if deer will eat all of the plants, or if they will be too weedy. It's an experiment. I don't want to leave the soil bare, or encourage thistles, so it is worth a try. Today was a break in rain. It should rain again over the next several days. That should get them settled in and starting.
Here is the seed mix: Austrian Winter Peas Winter Wheat Triticale Forage Collards Hairy Vetch Daikon Radish Fenugreek Crimson Clover Berseem Clover Yellow Mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment