Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Garlic Crop for 2022. 12.2.2021

Most of the garlic that I planted last month is growing. There is a row of holdouts, and a few here and there, plus I did add one more row when I cleared out a row of marigolds last week. This is the variety "Music" which I grow year after year, maintaining my own starts. They got a big scattering of coffee grounds and eggshells. Now that they are up, I can cultivate between rows.
These are starts from last year's bulbs grown from top bulbils. I'm glad they are growing. They were a bit behind the others, so I need to cultivate some more. These are in the ground, so I have to get onto my knees to weed them.
The Lorz Italian Softneck garlic isn't up yet. Maybe it's a type that won't emerge until Spring. I don't know, we will see :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment