Friday, April 16, 2021

Planting Tomato Plants and Potato Tubers. 4.16.21

 It's an unusually warm, even hot Spring.  Days into the 80s, but nights into high 30s to low 40s.  I decided to plant out the rest of the first group of tomato plants.  I am covering them on the coldest nights.

No photos of the potatoes.   They were from Fedco in Maine.  Varieties Algonquin (Early variety), Envol ("The earliest of the early"), Kennebec (my favorite, a very good baker) mid season, and Russet Burbank (Always good) late season.  

This is about the earliest that I have planted tomatoes, and the latest I have planted potatoes.

The Clancy potato seedlings have been doing OK.  There were some freezes, and there are a few frosted leaves, but they seem to be growing well.  I covered them on those freezing nights for protection.




No comments:

Post a Comment