Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Planting Squash, Pumpkin, Zucchini Seeds. 4.27.2021

Last night I planted squash family plant seeds.  Zucchinis, winter squash, and pumpkins.  I finally learned to write the year seeds were bought, on the front of the seed packet.  These are largely known good performers - Pink Banana Squash, Red Kuri Squash, Galeus d'Eysines Pumpkin (Squash), plus last year the Illinois Squash was good.  Not sure about the variety Gete-Okosomin,,  Nativbe American variety which has a. probably false, legend of the seeds having been found in a clay ball in an 800 year old archeological site.  The Zucchinis are heirloom types, so I can save the seeds.  The one exception is "Sure Thing" hybrid which I bought last year and didn't plant.

This year the plan is to cover flowers to avoid insect pollination, and hand pollinate so that each variety is "pure" so that I can save my own seeds.





No comments:

Post a Comment