Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Unknown Summer Apple. 7.13.16

Unkown Stripy Neighborhood Apple.  7.13.16

Stripy Apple.  7.13.16
 I ran across this apple tree while walking the dogs in my neighborhood.  It looks like a neglected tree.  Even so, it's covered with apples.  There were lots of apples on the street, most were smashed.  I picked one up from the street, washed it off, cut and tasted.  Sweet/sour with floral notes.

If I think if it this winter, I'll knock on the door and ask for some scion.  Doesn't look like they would mind.
Stripy Apple Tree.  7.13.16

2 comments:

  1. That apple looks like Gravenstein, I got one that I planted 7 yrs ago and the tree is so carefree, and loaded with fruit. It's a great baking apple. Its on the tart side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that Fedco offered Gravenstein scion last year. If they have it this winter, maybe I will try some from them.

      Delete