Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Planning a Table Top Quilt for Fall. 10.20.2021

This is for Ning's dumpling rolling table. He uses a coffee table and sits at the couch to roll out dumplings. I thought it would be nice to have a padded and washable surface, with the rolling board to sit on top. These are from a fabric sampler fabric strip roll that I bought on close out sale on the internet. I sewednthe 2 1/2" strips together in groups of three, then cut the result wide strips into 6 1/2 inch squares. With a 1/4 inch seam allowance, the final squares are 6". Here they are laid out on the kitchen island.
It's nice taking a cellphone photo so I can reassemble the peices in the pattern I laid out here. Also, the cellphone photo seems to sharpen oatterns that I might otherwise miss. This pattern, with the 3-strip group being darker-medium-lighter, and laid at right angles to one another, is called rail fence. It's a traditional pattern. It takes some trial and error to arrange and rearrange them so no unwanted patterns emerge by accident. This auilt should go together fairly quickly. I already have fabric samples that I'll sew together to make the backing, and enough batting on hand from previous projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment