Sunday, October 10, 2021

Apple Pie with Mix of Redlove™ Era™ and Jonathan Apples. 10.10.21

Here is a slice of the pie I made, using about 7 Jonathan and 4 Redlove™ Era™ apples. This time, I made the following changes from the usual recipe: When I cut the apple slices, I put them immediately into a solution of vitamin C, one crushed 500mg tab in 4 cups of water. That preserves color and flavor. Substitute Clear Jel™ for Flour 1:1 substitution. I left out the nutmeg. I used 1 tsp vanilla, mixing that with the sugar before anything else. I forgot butter in the pie. Didn't seem to matter. I used coconut oil instead of shortening. That turned out to be very difficult to work with but in the end it was very flaky and very tasty. I always preferred flour to thicken pies but now I change my mind. Clear Jel™ is more appetizing to look at and has a wonderful texture in the filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment