Sunday, October 10, 2021

I Made Another Batch of Fermented Jalapeño Serrano Sriracha. 10.10.21

On Sept 28th, I started another fermentation of red hot peppers for home made, fermented Sriracha sauce. It bubbled and became sour, like it is supposed to do. Today I poured off the brine, and pureed the peppers mixture along with 1/3 cup of the brine and 1 tsp sugar, which will ferment a little further to preserve the sauce. I used a combination of red ripe Jalapeños and red ripe Serranos, because that's what I had in my garden.
This looks and tastes exactly like Sambal Olek sauce, except a bit brighter color and flavor. Last year's kept a year in the fridge, because it was too hot (I used Thai peppers) plus I forgot about it. I expect this will keep until I use it up. I use a lot of Sriracha or Sambal Olek (they looks the same to me) so this is very nice, my favorite motivation for growing hot peppers,

No comments:

Post a Comment