Thursday, October 26, 2023

Planting German Red Garlic. 26 Oct 2023.

 This year's supply of garlic is already getting low.  I decided to plant another four rows for next year.


German Red is described as pungent and highly flavored, which we would like.  The bulbs in the package had about 9 cloves each, so four bulbs made almost exactly four rows of nine cloves each.  

German Red is a hard neck, Rocambole type.

This being German garlic, maybe it should be called  "Knoblauch",  but I'll probably forget that.

This half of this raised bed had tomato plants until I cleared them out today.


I gave them organic vegetable fertilizer, but no other soil improvement.  I'll save coffee grounds and eggshells for a surface treatment, before covering with tree leaves for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment