Monday, June 20, 2022

Starting A New Star Quilt. 6.20.22

 I've been wanting to start this quilt pattern for a year.  As with some other projects, I'm using fabric from mens's shirts bought at estate sale or thrift shop.  A lot is left over from other quilts.  There were some that I especially liked so I'm  using all of that I can.  

Each square is different, but with recurring themes of fabrics and shapes,  Here are the first two.


These have in common with the last quilt that the blocks are made from nine squares, but these squares are made by piecing together smaller squares and triangles.  

The pattern was published in Today's Quilting, a UK magazine, last year, by designer Lynne Goldsworthy.  My version will be more monochromatic, blues, greys, whites.

Here is a nine patch block before sewing together.  It's a challenge matching the corners and edges.    Also, I am using a crinkly fabric for the white areas, but it's too thin so I temporarily fused it to a white background fabric, which makes it like card stock.  The adhesive will wash out when I wash the final quilt, making it softer again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment