Friday, June 24, 2022

Hardy Chicago Offset Cutting Starting To Grow Seven Months Later. 6.24.22

 In November I cut an offset from the big Hardy Chicago fig tree.  I was unable to obtain more than a few tiny roots.  I planted it anyway.  This week I noticed a significant start of growth.  Seven months later, and all of the other fig trees are already lush and green now.  I gave it some balanced fertilizer and water.  Now that it is growing, I want to continue the TLC and see if it establishes and becomes a tree.



It's difficult getting the I-phone to focus well on such small buds, so they are a bit blurry.

This is the offset that I started with in November.  I didn't have a lot of expectation it would grow, but fig trees can be surprising.  That's really not much root for such a big top.  On the other hand, sometimes fig trees can be grown grow dormant cuttings that are all stick and no root at all, when they are started.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment