Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Planting Garlic. 9.21.2021

Today I planted the first few batches of garlic. I bought two heads of a soft-neck Italian veriety, called "lorz". This is described as a good keeper, strong flavor, good grower, big heads and big cloves. I planted them in the half wine barrel planters that had the pickle cicumber plants until this week. I supplemented the soil with compost, wood ashes, coffee grounds, and eggshells. That made for an excelkent crop this year.
I also planted a batch of red skin garlic from plants that had survived from previous years. I don't know which variety. These are in circle planters basically in-ground. Same supplementation.
I also planted the largest of the little bulbs that I grew from tiny bulbils this year. Probably about 20 of those. These are the variety "Music", the best growing, largest and strongest so far.
The majority of the garlic crop remains to be planted, in one of the main raised beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment