Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Saving Seeds. Taiwan Sugar Snow Pea. 7.28.2020

This Spring I planted some old Taiwan Sugar snow pea seeds that I saved about 6 or so years ago.  About 2/3 of them germinated and grew. They were earlier and the plants were smaller, about 4 to 5 feet, compared to the Oregon Spring ones that I grew, about 6 to 7 feet tall.  It was hard to find new seeds of these online, so I saved seeds again.   Some are brown with crispy shells, which I think is how they should be.  Some are green and larger pea, but the shell is brown.  I think those need  a longer drying time.

These are the dried and drying snowpea pods.  I think the ones that are not fully dry will be OK once they are dried out. 7.28.2020

These are the shelled snowpea seeds.  I will let them dry some more then store them in an envelope.  7.28.2020

No comments:

Post a Comment