Sunday, July 12, 2020

Babycakes Blackberry. 7.12.2020

Here is how Babycakes Blackberry is doing for me.  I bought the plant last Spring at Tsugawa.  It already had blossoms at the time.  Those fruits did not fill in well.  If I remember correctly, the later fruits, on new floricanes, filled in better.

This year, the floricanes again seem to have less than complete pollination on at least the earliest fruit.  The earliest fruits, again, are not well filled in at all.  This may be due to chill and rain when they were first blooming.  The seller claims they don't need a pollinator, but did they really test that?  If they do need one, then that could be a factor.  This Babycakes bloomed long before any of my other blackberries did. 

It looks like the later berries will be better filled in.  We will see.  Plus, there are new primocanes growing.  I want this one to work out.  It is small enough to have in my miniature tree garden, which is nice.

Babycakes Blackberry.  7.12.2020

Babycakes Blackberry.  7.12.2020

No comments:

Post a Comment