Saturday, October 06, 2018

Planting Garlic.10.5.18

Spanish Roja Garlic to Plant.  10.5.18

Planting Garlic.  10.5.18
Today I planted the first batch of garlic.  These starts were from Territorial seeds.  I planted two strains:  Music and Spanish Roja.  The Music garlic cloves were among the largest I've seen.

I didn't intend to plant so much, but this is the size package sold.  I also want to plant some that I saved from this year.  I will need to clear additional garden space.

Learning - I hope - from mistakes made, these are all in the fenced in area where I had sauce tomatoes.  I hope the fencing is deterrent to deer and rabbits, which caused delay and probably smaller cloves this year and last year.

The rotation for this area overlaps garlic planted last year.  Also sweet corn and attempted okra.  There was no evidence of disease last year, so I'm thinking it's OK.  Last winter, this area was ducks, and this year it was tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment