Sunday, October 07, 2018

Irises Planted from Dried Rhizomes, at One Month.  10.6.18
 On 9.6.18, I planted some bearded iris rhizomes that I bought at Costco.  I wondered if they would grow at all before the first frost.  Here there are, lots of increased / new growth.  So they are doing well.  One is "My friend Jonathan" and the other is "His Royal Highness" but I didn't label them, so I don't know which is which.

As for bearded irises that I replanted from about the property, that I had abandoned two or so years ago, also not labeled, they are putting on new growth too.

Finally, the bearded irises that I bough by mail order from Schreiners, and planted in July and August, those show nice growth too.

The big questions to follow this winter and next Spring:  Will any of these bloom?  Will they have bacterial and / or fungal rot disease?  Will they survive?  And the same, for other clumps that I planted in the woods border, which are currently looking OK where they are and are in full sun..

The other iris from the same package.

Bearded Iris Planted August, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment