Sunday, June 03, 2018

Back on Track. Resuming GrowingGreener Blog! Pawpaw Progress Report. 6.2.18

 I think the hiatus is fully over now.  Live is back to what passes for normal.  I've been continuing to garden, but it's been difficult to keep the blog going.  I think that's done now, so here we are again.

For starters, last month I pollinated as many pawpaw flowers as I could.  NC-1 got pollen from Sunflower, and vice versa.  Of the dozens that I pollinated, there are maybe one dozen little pawpaw clusters growing.  I'm stoked - this is the largest they've gotten for me, ever.  Maybe this will be the year!

Some continue to fall off.  I have been watering these pawpaw trees once weekly, with 2 5-gallong buckets of water.  Maybe that will help them hold on to their fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment