Monday, June 04, 2018

Carnivorous Plants. 6.4.18

Venus Flytrap
 Here are selections from my carnivorous plant collection.  It's a modest collection.  I'm a beginner.

The Venus Flytrap is highly magnified.  It's only a couple of inches across. 

They've all been catching flies and yellow jackets.

I've been following Jacob's instructions, in his ebook.  so far, with these plants, that means mainly they re in a shallow container with about an inch of low mineral (rain) water, and are in full sun, on the deck.
Sarracenia purpurea, I think.  It was unlabeled.

A Sarracenia hybrid.
 At this point, these are mostly fairly small plants.  I expect that as time passes, they will grow larger.  As perennials, they should increase in size each year. 
More Sarracenia hybrids.
The large one is Sarracenia oreophilia, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment