Saturday, September 16, 2023

Tropical Shirt Quilt. 16 Sept 2023.

 I changed my idea about the layout for this quilt, and changed a couple of fabrics.  Now, this is the layout.


The top row is a bit off, which I will correct when sewing together.  Also, with this layout, I need to piece together blocks from two fabrics, in order to have enough.   I think they are busy enough, it won't show.  

This quilt is eight shirts for the top, and will be one more for the binding.   The blocks are all 5" by 10".

My original idea was a brick pattern, similar to this -


I think the new arrangement looks much better.  The blocks are the same, except no 5 inch square pieces for the ends.  With the new arrangement, the blocks will lose 1/2 inch due to paired 1/4 inch seam allowances on the other end, I think.  That's a decrease of two inches in total length and width, I think, which is OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment