Saturday, September 16, 2023

Transferring Seed-Grown Echinacea "Cherokee Spirit" to Container. 16 Sept 2023.

 This is one of the Echinacea "Cherokee Spirit" that I grew from seeds late last winter.  It's interesting, the plants grown from seeds that I did not stratify, are blooming earlier than the ones I did stratify.

I liked the color of this one the best so far, so I dug it up and transferred to a container with potting soil.  Before planting, I washed off most of the garden soil.


It was a little stressed.  I knew I was taking a taking a chance, possibly killing the plant.  The daytime temperature high has been in the mid to high eighties, although nights drop into the sixties.  But so far, just minimal wilting and that perks up in the evening.  I'm keeping the plant in the cool shade on the north side of the house, so far.  I also pruned off the oldest flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment