Sunday, February 05, 2023

Growing Tigridia From Seeds. 2.5.23

 There isn't a lot of guidance about growing Tigridia from seeds.  I saved these seeds in 2021 but forgot to plant them last year.  Are the seeds like onions and only last a year or two?  I don't know.   I also didn't have info on stratification, scarification, heating mat, or soaking.  I did read that they need to be surface sown so they are exposed to light.

After about 3 or 4 weeks, I saw tiny spikes.  This was just after watering.


The source plants were like these, although I'm not certain if they were these exact flowers.  So we made it this far.  They will get lots of TLC to see what happens.  Assuming these seedlings survive my conditions.






My guess, which is only a guess, is they will need two years to reach blooming size.  We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment