Sunday, February 05, 2023

Some Overwintering Hot Pepper Plants And New Seedlings. 2.5.23

 This JalapeƱo plant looks like it's making nice buds.  It's in the sunroom, under LED plant lights, and on a warming mat.   Only about a week in the new conditions.

This is the Serrano.  It's harder for me to tell if it is starting to grow.  Maybe.


I just moved this Tabasco Pepper plant to the same conditions.  There was one aphid on one leaf, but who knows?  So I pruned it back a little and removed the leaves.  Still, the stems are nice and green.


They are getting lots of TLC and it seems possible they will make it through the winter for a second season of growth.

I planted three cells of this cell pack with seeds from dry Thai Peppers, that I had just harvested from the plant, and the other three cells with seeds from dried Ancho peppers.  The Thai peppers germinated quickly!  Much faster than bought seeds.  I have a feeling the Ancho peppers wont grow, but it's fun to try.



No comments:

Post a Comment