Thursday, August 20, 2020

Zinnias. 8.20.2020

 This year I didn't do as well with zinnias.  Something ate the first batches that I planted, and the second group never really took off.  Finally I bought a six-pack, which was so root-bound that I had doubts about the viability.  However, they grew and some of the earlier seedlings are starting to bloom too.

So far, there hasn't been much honeybee activity in the zinnias.  Not like, say, alliums, poppies, milkweeds, etc.


No a zinnia, but an African marigold.  It's not supposed to have single flowers.  They rest of the plants have fully double flowers.  But I like this one more than those.  I think I'll save seeds from it.

More zinnias, this time from the seeds that I planted.  On the side is a "wild" petunia.


No comments:

Post a Comment