Saturday, March 09, 2019

Shallots and Potatoes. 3:6.19

Grocery Store Shallots.  Planted 3.6.19
Last week I planted more shallots, and some grocery store potatoes that had sprouted in the garage and were no longer usable.  I planted the shallots in the fenced bed, next to the garlics.  I planted the potatoes in an "overflow bed", which last year had annual flowers, the previous year was weeds, and the year before that was corn.  This is my overflow bed, because it's in an easement and could wind up getting paved without notice.  Also, I don't want to plant things in that bed that will need a lot of watering in mid to late summer, due to distance from spigot, so potatoes are a good option.
Sprouted Red Potatoes Planted 
More Multiplier Onions, Planted 3.6.19

One set of shallots came from the produce section at the grocery store.  The others were another bag of multiplier onions, which looked so nice I bought this second bag.

For the following 3 nights, the temp dropped into the low 20s.  We'll see if that killed any of the early plantings.

No comments:

Post a Comment