Sunday, March 10, 2019

New Fruit Trees. Persimmons and Columnar Apples. 3.10.19

Yesterday I receive my order from Raintree, which I planted today.

Two columnar apples:  Tasty Red and Golden Treat.  I think the names detract a little from the trees' attractiveness, because the names are sort of nondescript marketing efforts.  Even so, these are considered disease resistant, they fit in the space I have for them, and I hope to taste-test them in a year or two.

Columnar apples have very stout stems.  It's interesting.

I also planted two persimmon trees. which are pollination partners:  Chocolate and Coffeecake.  Spicy flavored Asian (Kaki) persimmons.  These are far enough from my Saijo and Nikita's Gift, I am hoping they won't pillinate - I want those two to remain seedless. 

There was also a "bonus free gift" in the box, a Triple Crown Blackberry.  It's a giid variety.  I planted that too..

No comments:

Post a Comment