Saturday, March 30, 2019

Planting Pawpaw Seeds. 3.29.19

Pawpaw seeds,  These are cultivar "NC-1".  3.29.19

Today I planted most of the pawpaw seeds. I followed online instructions, published by Kentucky State University. They were stratified in the fridge, packed in wet paper towel in a ziplock bag, and kept in fridge since mid October.  Occassionally, I checked on them, rinsed i  cold water and changed the paper towel so it would not mildew or become moldy.

I scarified a few of the "Sunflower" pawpaw seeds by rubbing them on moderate coarseness sandpaper.  The rest were planted as is.
T
Now it may be a few months before they sprout, if they  do at all.  I don't know what I will do with the trees, if they do grow.  Plant a few here, maybe, and give some away.

The pots of planted seeds are in the sunroom for warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment