Monday, October 21, 2024

Rosemary Cuttings Rooted and Replanted. 21 Oct 24.

 Here are some of the rosemary cuttings that I started, late summer.


Originally, I tried rooting them in water.  After several weeks, no roots.  So I cut off the lower portions, scraped the sides of the lower new underground stems to expose cambium layer, dipped in rooting hormone, and planted in potting soil.

They's been showing roots through the bottom holes for a few weeks.  Nice root systems now.


I started two per container. I separated them now, quite easily.


Repotted in approx 4" containers in regular pitting mix.


Now I'll keep them in the sunroom under lights, until early Spring.


Next - some sage cuttings will get similar treatment.  I'm not sure about the lavender cuttings.  I don't see roots, but they are not wilted or dried out looking, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment