Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Replanting / Potting Second Rose Grown From Cutting. 24 Sept 24.

 This was actually a week or two ago.  Last fall or winter, I stuck hardwood  cuttings (prunings) from this rose bush, into vegetable garden beds.  This one grew into the start of a rose bush. I think it's an"Old Garden Rose" ie, heirloom rose.  The parent bush came with the house.



The roots look pretty good.  Sometimes I'm surprised at small root system of some roses.  I potted it onto used potting soil.


It had a tiny amount of wilting at the stem tips.  I cut off those tips.  There has been no additional wilting.

When winter arrives, I'll keep it in a sheltered location.  Bring into the garage if below freezing.

Here's the flower of this mysterious rose.   It has a strong, old rose fragrance.


Since I don't know the name, but I think it's old and a lot of old roses were French, for my own purposes I'm calling it "Rose mystérieuse parfumée" for "mysterious fragrant rose".  


No comments:

Post a Comment