Sunday, September 08, 2024

Replanting / Potting Rose Start from Cutting. 8 Sept 24

 This is a rose from the yard that I liked.  No label.  Last fall, I cut three mature sticks and pushed them into the soil in a garden container.  Two didn't root, but this one did.  They had no special care, other than watering.  (The white flower is a seed- grown, dwarf dahlia).


It was easy to dig it out of the container - I removed some of the side pieces first.  I could dig deeply from the side.


After removing the rose plant, I rinsed off the soil.  I wanted to plant it in potting soil, with a uniform consistency.


Then I planted the little rose bush in a container.  The tender growth wilted a little, so I sniped that part and placed the plant in the cooler garage for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment