Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Blooming Roses. Cutting Rose Shows Its Color. 14 May 24.

 This climbing rose was grown from a "stick cutting", started three or four years ago.  Two years ago, it had  a set-back when I dug it up and moved it to its current spot.  It lost most of its roots in the process.  Now it's too tall for me to reach the top.  There were a couple of meager flowers last year.  Now or's covered with buds, and is among the first two blooming (Miniroses, kept growing all winter, are different of course).



Something tells me this is "Climbing Nr. Lincoln" but I'm not certain.

This rose is in its second Spring in my hands.  I planted it as a bare root, mail order, last year.  The variety is "Tropical Lightening".


I think there was more yellow / orange last year, in the variegated areas.  It's also covered with buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment