Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Kitchen Garden. 8.10.16


Harvested the test of the Bartlet-type pears.  A few were fully ripe.  The rest went into the fridge for controlled ripening.


There were some extra second mini-ears on the Trinity corn.  These were small but still just as good.    Second sweet corn  batch ripening now.  Picked the first of those today.


Some more fresh food from the garden.  I want to make tamales with the red bell peppers.  The beefsteak tomato is the first of those this year.


Hamese Asian pears.  These are the first of my Asian pears to ripen.  Fresh and juicy.


Summerred apple.  There were 3 of these, a summer apple.  Quite delicious, spicy flavor - sort of like cardamon, I think.



Summerred apple, beautiful white flesh, with some of the red color of tne skin soaking into the white flesh.  Pretty as well as tasty.

3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering! Enjoy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bounty! Love that apple especially juicy and crispy, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the best kitchen garden I've ever grown. I'm very happy with 2016 gardening.

    ReplyDelete