Monday, February 05, 2024

Eucalyptus Seedling Update, And Starting Some Silver Dollar Eucalyptus Seeds. 5 Feb 2024.

 Here are the Lemon Bush Eucalyptus seedlings now.  I have also seen them called Corymbia citriodora


 They are growing nicely and will need to be moved into larger containers soon.

With that success - so far - I found some seeds of Eucalyptus cinerea.  These are what we usually think of as the classic eucalyptus oil scent and greyish / bluish round leaf shape.  My intent is to have container plants or grow far from the house, because this variety is flammable.

Per the seller's instruction, the seeds should be soaked 24 hours but I forgot and soaked 48 hours.  They were so tiny, I spooned them out of the soaking cup with small amounts of water, and poured those spoonfulls onto the pre-moistened seed starting medium.  On the warming mat, and under an LED desk lamp, they germinated in one week.


These are tiny.  So far, so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment