Tuesday, December 04, 2018

More Visitors. 12.4.18

Today a family of deer - three - was hanging out in the kitchen garden / orchard area.  They are skittish, and too far away for a decent I-phone photo. So I only caught this one "on film".

I think I have most of the browsing under control and can enjoy them better as a result. 

This was the first time that i really got a good look at their tails.  They are definitely  black tailed deer.

So far, only slight buck damage to one cypress tree.  I'm watching regularly.  Any further damage, and I'll want to do some protective fencing trees on some of the trunks.

1 comment:

  1. What you need Daniel, is an "attack cage" like the ones I use. My security camera captured this 30 second clip last season. The 3 deer had converged on a Red D'Anjou pear tree. If you're wondering, the little guy did walk away a few minutes later after regaining his bearings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZVKN_aqhs8

    ReplyDelete