Saturday, August 27, 2022

Quilt Bummer 🤪. 8.27.22

 The star quilt was nearly done.  I completed cut the batting, and pinned it all together.  This time I wanted to be extra precise with the stitching, so I marked the first row with blue tailor's chalk.  I sewed the first line.

Still, something was nagging at me.  They say you should test a sample and see if the chalk line washes out.  I thought, it's tailor's chalk.  That's what it's made for.

Guess what.  The blue color didn't wash out.  I washed twice.  Still didn't wash out.



It's faint, but I will always see it.  I used a brush to remove what I could.  It didn't stay on the dark blue areas, which are slicker, or the dark grey areas.  All of the white areas on two corner patches were stained.

 So, I removed all if the line of stitching.  I removed the two corners of white fabric that were stained.  Now Im removing the large patchwork blocks that need to be either replaced or taken apart and just the stained parts replaced.  If I have enough fabric scraps (maybe), I'll replace the entire blocks.  Easier than taking them apart.  If not, I'll just replace stained peices.

No comments:

Post a Comment