Friday, March 04, 2022

Benville, Illinois Schoolhouse. 3.4.22

Benville, Illinois. Possibly eatly 1900s to 1910s. Here is the one room schoolhouse where some of my family went to school, including my grandfather, his siblings, and possibly his parents and their siblings. I don't know what grade he reached. Probably not high school grades but I'm not certain. Looking at the images, I don't recognize anyone. I probably would not have the photo if my grandfather or his parent's generation wasn't in it.
A different image, same schoolhouse.
There isn't much of a Benville any more. There is a cemetary where some of my ancestors are buried. I don't know if any buildings remain now. It's interesting, New Philadelphia was only a few miles away from Benville. You could almost walk from one to the other. I never heard about that until many years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment