|Crookneck Summer Squash and Chips. 8.16.15|
1. Slice squash into paper thin slices using mandolin. Do not slice fingers, which would give the squash a nice red tinge but is not considered hygienic.
2. Spread on food dehydrator plates.
3. Crush a few cloves of garlic in olive oil to make a paste. I used a mortar and pestle.
4. Dab a little garlic paste on each slice. Try to use minimal amount.
5. Sprinkle the slices with a minimal dusting of salt an pepper. Very little, because these slices are very thin and don't need much.
6. Dry in food dehydrator about a day at 130.
These are crunchy, like potato chips. Really delicious. I hate half a squash worth in one sitting. They do get limp if they sit out very long, so not intended for long term storage.