Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pink Banana Squash and other seeds. A nostalgia vegetable.

File:Pinkbananasquash.jpg
Pink Banana Squash image from wikipedia

Searching the web, I found seeds for pink banana squash.  Cucuberbita maxima

My dad's aunt Emma grew these and saved the seeds, which meant I grew them when I was a kid. I remember my mom being overwhelmed with what to do with the yield, cut it up and froze to make pumpkin pies.

I found a few sources, and added one to my seed "burden" for Spring

From www.rareseeds.com
Order Number: 100353504
 
Item Name


Jumbo Pink Banana
  • Item No: SQ138
  •  
For nostalgia.   If we can't eat it all, the chickens will like it.

Anise Hyssop
  • Item No: HB122
  •  
For the bees.

Shungiku Edible Chrysanthemum
  • Item No: HB129
  •  
Something different.

Red Round Turnip
  • Item No: TN112
  •  
Ning likes turnips.

He Shi Ko Bunching Onion
  • Item No: ON111
  •  
I like scallions.  These will be a change.

Chioggia (Bassano) Beet
  • Item No: BT104
  •  
Ning likes beets
Tall Mixed - Marvel of Peru
  • Item No: FL444
  •  
I'll compare to the other seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment