Sunday, June 16, 2013

Kitchen Garden. Strawberries and Snowpeas. Planting zucchinis and squash.

Strawberries and Snowpeas
Getting more strawberries and snowpeas.  The individual harvests are small but good enough for two.  We have had several harvests of both, for 2 weeks.

Also a broccoli spear.  I wondered if it was worthwhile to grow my own broccoli.  It is.  More tender and flavorful than grocery store broccoli.

Zucchini seedlings
I planted zucchini seedlings, yellow and green varieties.  Also a butternut squash.  These are seeds I started about 2 weeks ago.  Covered with chicken wire.  Loose.  They grow fast.  I'll have to come up with better protection in a week or two.

I didn't have the ambition to build another raised bed.   So they are in the native soil, plus some steer manure compost.   I have been collecting molehill soil from around the yard.  There should be enough for one or two raised beds, in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment