Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Shiro Plums. Great harvest!

This Spring I wondered if there would be any plums. That was due to frost, and I read that Shiro needs a pollinator other than the Hollywood plum that is nearby. I was wrong. This is plenty for me to eat all I can, and share lots at work. Shiro ripens all plums in about 2 or 3 weeks, so no reason to have more than this.
These are the juiciest, sweetest plums I have ever eaten. Not huge size, but that's OK. They are a clingstone plum, so a little messy to eat. But so good.

1 comment:

  1. I just picked up a kilo of these at the weekly market and am impressed by their flavor. Here (in Italy), they're called goccia d'oro - drop of gold - so I had to check online for the english equivalent. The plums on your tree would be plenty enough for us!

    ReplyDelete