Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Saving Seeds

Collected more seeds today. Saved them in regular postal envelopes. My seed box is a small wooden file box that I bought at a yard sale, good fit for the envelopes.
Yellow pod bush beans. These are a tasty bean that grew well this year. I "think" they are open pollinated, and they are the only beans that I grew at the time, so they should grow true.
Daylily seeds. These are some of the results from my hybridizing. I'll have to look up how to grow them. My plan is to find a place to grow them out to bloom, and keep anything I like, throw away hybrids I don't like. No way to know until I see them grow and bloom. Just for fun.
These are "Oriental Snow Pea Sweet Taiwan". Similar for the beans I haven't grown any other pea, so unless they are a hybrid, they should grow true.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the compliment! I lover gardening and keeping track of what I'm doing. Happy to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I use a copy of your photo to share with my students? I'm teaching them to draw daylilies and forgot to take a picture of the seed pods last fall. (I saved the dry, empty, pods but I'd like them to see more of the stages)
    Thanks,
    Cindy Rippe
    www.cindyrippe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's fine. Glad your students want to learn about plants.

    ReplyDelete