Thursday, May 24, 2012

More on Irises

It's raining and raining and raining and raining. Not the best for perfect form and durability of iris blossoms, but the rains are part of living in the Pacific Northwest.
I think this one is "Blue Knight". A contrast to the dark purple iris in the back yard.
Immortality. I will move this after it blooms. Immortality can rebloom in the fall if it's happy. The invading grass has been a problem, but by blooming it's identified itself for refurbishing.
Sunny Disposition. Also a rebloomer. I'll do a similar renovation after it blooms.
Edith Wolford. This is not the best time to move German Irises, but this plant was completely overwhelmed by grass. the leaves and rhizomes are weak and spindly. If it recovers, it will be more because of this plant's durability than my treatment. I thought this might be Edith Wolford, and after digging it up discovered a tag that confirmed my "theory". Lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Found the label. The dark blue is not "Blue Knight". It's "Dusky Challenger"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean "Dark Challenger". I think.

    ReplyDelete